AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

deals gone bad
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MMiller
Posted 2/16/2012 18:31 (#2232802 - in reply to #2232346)
Subject: Re: deals gone bad

SW Iowa
I agree there are rotten people out there. However I had quite a deal a couple years ago. A friend sent me a picture of a crew cab dually pickup, just like I wanted, engine and all that was for sale in Kentucky. I got the number and price and call the owner. I talked to him for a while on the phone. I was up front and said I could not make it to see it for 6 weeks. He sent me pics, told me all about it. It was a good deal and he said if I wanted it he would hold it. I tried to send him a deposit and he would not take it. We talked about twice a week, just to make sure we were on the same page. I caught a ride the ten hours there, looked at the truck, paid him and he caught a ride home. When I paid him, he said there was a guy in his home town that told him he wanted to buy it a day or two after I told him I was interested. This other guy offered more money, and even got pretty pushy and mad at a car show. I got the truck bought for a fair price, and it was what he wanted. I could not believe it. How many guys do you know would hold a truck for 6 weeks, just on a phone call? That fellow in Kentucky was a man of his word.

Michael
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)