AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fertilizer recomendations?? Soil Tests
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jocoshar23
Posted 2/4/2012 10:49 (#2205059 - in reply to #2204121)
Subject: Re: Fertilizer recomendations?? Soil Tests

SE IA
Folairdud,

maybe a little too in depth, I wouldn't disagree with most of your assessment, but maybe it could be simpler.

"Most fertilizers used in mainstream agriculture are not what we consider to be agronomically sound, due to the form in which they are manufactured."
"Potassium: One of the most over applied nutrients in the history of mankind."

This is where I will disagree with some of your assessments. 0-0-50 (K sulfate) is a good source of K, but it is too cost prohibitive to use, especially since his phosphate levels are in serious need of desperate attention. 0-0-60 has worked, and as long as he isn't overdoing the K rate( what I mean by this is excessive amounts of K more than 200 units/application), there most likely won't be a problem with the chloride at moderate rates.

If it were my own soil test, put on 60-80 units of K, and as many units of P that I could afford to spend (minimum of 100+) for the next 4 years, I personally would stay away from the micros, folair nutrients, calcium nitrate, potassium sulfate, ammonium nitrate, did I mention micro-nutrients? the stave barrell's most yield limiting factor is going to be phosphate and any dollar spent on any micros will not give significant yield responses as long as P is that low, you don't need any lime stone although the Mg levels are a little higher than I would like to see, (IF you absolutely want to spend $ on a soil ammendment, gypsum would be your best choice. For field crop/corn/soybean production we can KISS (keep it simple stupid).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)