AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fertilizer recomendations?? Soil Tests
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ed Winkle
Posted 2/4/2012 07:23 (#2204720 - in reply to #2204036)
Subject: Re: Fertilizer recomendations?? Soil Tests

Martinsville, Ohio
My first question every time I see these questions is, if you trusted the lab to test your soil, why didn't you trust them to pay for their recommendations also and at least use them for a guide???

I probably cannot give you a better recommendation than they can. John Menghini at Midwest works hard to taylor their recommendations to my tested soil and we interact by email or phone after the recommendations. I give him all the information I can.

Thanks Jeff for the primer on Managing Inputs. I have studied that material all my life and until I probe my soils, pay for the test and apply the recommendations year by year I can't begin to understand all that knowledge.

I think all of us have done this in one form or another or completely entrusted someone else to do it for us as we focus on other matters of farming. I can't master all the things I need to farm profitably so I hire out what others can do for an affordable price I can't do as well for the money.

I know what I would do with your soil test results but I don't know your soil or your farming methods, let alone the lab that did the work.

I am not trying to be smart but practical.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Ed Winkle
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)