AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fertilizer recomendations?? Soil Tests
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Hay Wilson in TX
Posted 2/4/2012 13:36 (#2205381 - in reply to #2204036)
Subject: RE: Fertilizer recomendations?? Soil Tests for Corn1

Little River, TX
This morning I did not have time to read your question closely. Probablyjumped to some conclusions to boot.

The post that said you need Phosphate is not kidding. I like 18 ppm K using the Olsen chemistry. That means needing to improve the P by 12 to 16 ppm. That much phosphate is a lot of animal waste. Using 17 #s phosphate for each ppm that is 200 to 275 #s P2O5.
Using most fertilizers that is 1200 lbs/A phosphate fertilizer.That is a lot of mony and probably too much phosphate in one shot, with out applying some extra potash, more money. I suggest you increase your phosphate levels with care. There is as much a yield drag with too much Phosphate as there is for too little

Using an 18 CEC as a guide a rule of thumb says there is an 80% probability of a positive response to additional potassium above 160 ppm K & less than a a 20% probability of a positive crop response above 220 ppm K.

One thing nice about a northern climate, you can build higher organic matter levels than we can with our little amount of real frost.
The same rule of thumb suggest 2900 ppm Ca to 2500 ppm Ca.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)