AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Funeral/Burial costs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

JohnKS
Posted 1/29/2012 18:41 (#2193479 - in reply to #2192673)
Subject: Re: Funeral/Burial costs

Kansas
Burried my mom on Hallowween this past year, and dad 2 years ago this next month. I was going to go the cheap route with the coffins, but my neice (their granddaughter) threw a fit and said the old woodbox thing was tacky so we got the second cheapest (my wife still complains we should have told her she wasn't paying for it, but you can't hardly do that at that time), had to have vault for both, got simple cheap headstone seperate for them. Visitation night before and funeral held at the funeral home too. Can't recall exact but both averaged in the $13,000 range. Kind of irks me that up until a few years ago mom wanted to be cremated and not have a service, would have been less hassle if she hadn't changed her mind. My dad was burried in his Key overalls and everyone said that was the right thing to do. I personally don't see the point of buying an expensive caskett, I always say the person you are putting in it isn't going to know the difference. And like my dad would say when we'd ask what he wanted done at the end, he'd say "I don't care, I won't be there to see it."

I heard that for Catholic funerals, if you are cremated you have to be burried and not scattered.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)