AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WOW America
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

canadianeh?
Posted 1/8/2012 00:42 (#2149289 - in reply to #2148476)
Subject: Re: WOW America

Saskatchewan, big whitetail country!!!

Thud - 1/7/2012 14:23 I like how you are so quick to play the "east vs west" card , almost as quick as our friends to the south play the ' republican vs democrat" card. I know lots of Ontario residents that own guns, actively hunt and are not the liberal whiners you claim everyone east of Manitoba is. Heck I have friends on both sides of the political spectrum that have no problems with guns, and some that do. The anti-gun crowd is "typically" the city crowd, but not all city dwellers are anti-gun. You seem to blame the native crowd out west for skewing your crime stats then go on to claim that if the cities were excluded from the data that 'western' data would show a much lower crime rate. You might be right, but then that's really not comparing apples to apples now it? Thats like saying we have a higher murder rate, but if we exclude the people that kill others,that our murder rate somehow declines.

I am generalizing, I realize rural ontario is not Toronto, don't worry. I think the native population is a big part of the problem, yes. And the fact is most crime is commited by natives, on and near rural reserves, and in certain cities where the native population is high. If we exluded native crime, I am confident the rates would be very, very different. What is the proportion of native population in Ontario? I am confident our proportion is all out of whack with yours. These though, would be interesting numbers to behold indeed...

Again, I apologize for my gross generalization, but it is sound I believe. I would wager that proportionately in the west more people use firearms as a tool, and for hunting than those in Ontario, due to the completely extremely opposite situation in terms of rural-ness...     

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)