AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No-till Video
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

tmgsssn
Posted 12/5/2011 10:46 (#2085467 - in reply to #2084335)
Subject: Re: No-till Video

Medicine Mound,TX
I don't know anything besides what I can see in this video, so I shouldn't be arguing this at all probably, it just seems fishy.

I don't know planting date, fertilizer, variety, herbicide program, but it looks to me that all these could play a part in what is seen here not just use of a turbo till or not. The cotton on the turn row is 2 months ahead of the other cotton it is 60-80% open while the other looks to be in full bloom. It has physically curled/burned and spotted leaves. This looks far more like herbicide damage than drought and heat stress. I had an entire outside circle go from 2 bale cotton to 0 from drought and heat when a well on our pivot quit and the outside tower would no longer spray this summer. I watched it burn up ever day and not once did it have physically burned leaves. It just wilted and dropped all its fruit.

I have no proof because I was not there, but this seems like a scare tactic more than a legitimate study to me. I watched the rest of the videos on his channel and they all seemed really great and informative which makes this one seem even weirder.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)