AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soil sampling questions.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ollieolliver
Posted 12/4/2011 13:49 (#2083904)
Subject: Soil sampling questions.

Central Minnesota
It was a hectic fall with no rain, many things breaking. Dad got cancer, so then I was doing everything myself. Consequently, never got any soil samples done. Have results from last years tests, and from what I have gleaned on here, some folks only sample every other year? The ground is now froze, and I tried sampling yesterday, which i could get a good sample some places, (use a hatchet to get down) but hard as a rock in others. Should I use a propane torch to heat up my test spot and keep taking samples? Or, just wait till spring. Reason why I wanted to do it now, was to know where I was at for fertilizer requirements, so I could buy this winter, instead of the higher priced spring. I know where I'm at pretty good for bean ground, but, I'm getting into corn this year, and have no clue where I'm at for nutrient requirements for corn, which is scaring the crap out of me. Just looking for some opinions here from you guys who have a whole lot more experience than me. Thank you very much.

Edited by ollieolliver 12/4/2011 13:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)