AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tip-nozzle discussion
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Cliff SEIA
Posted 5/27/2006 22:10 (#15309 - in reply to #15297)
Subject: RE: Tip-nozzle discussion

We have a set of Greanleaf AI tips with Turbo Tee exit caps and a set of regular Turbo Tee's. With the air induction nozzles it seems like I can spray in a 20 mph wind (don't like to but don't always have a choice) and have less drift than the turbo tee's at 10-12 mph. I know the official answer seems to be that the AI tips don't have good enough coverage for some herbicides but I bet half the sprayers around here are running them and I have yet to hear of a coverage problem. As cheap as the generic glysophate is if I was worried about coverage I would run an extra 10 oz per acre of product for around a buck and stick with the AI tips for drift control. For us it seems like most of the time the reason keeping us from spraying is the wind and the AI tips let us run on the marginal days when there is no way you could be out there with a flat fan and I'd rather risk loosing a little bit of coverage if it means the difference in getting the job done or not. I've got a 100 acre load on the sprayer right now I'm hoping to get off in the morning before it gets too windy, again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)