AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

contract for deed.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

BHTN
Posted 12/1/2011 15:24 (#2078950 - in reply to #2078763)
Subject: RE: contract for deed.

West Tennessee
When you go to court you find out (as you did) that the laws are mostly for the tenant and not the landlord. I guess once upon a time it was a lot more the other way and now we've swung too much the opposite but I see no chance of the pendulum of justice swinging back our way. In our county we only have to give 30 days notice and then it takes about 15 days to get a court date and then they have 10 days after court to get out. Of course the timing of the 30 days notice determines how far behind you will be to start with since they may already be 30-90 days when you've had enough. The judge here is not totally strict on the 30 days unless the tenant brings it up (seldom), but they're already usually 60-90 days past at that point. If you really want interesting let them go the 10 days after court and not move. At that point you get to set them and their stuff on the curb. Have to pay another court fee though :-( . I can assure you that this is ALWAYS a process with a LOT (understatement) of drama when it comes to that. I'm pretty sure I could write a book. Wish you the best in the future.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)