AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do you lock guns your vehicle?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Dingeryote
Posted 11/28/2011 23:30 (#2073795 - in reply to #2069049)
Subject: Re: Do you lock guns your vehicle?

Michigan.
Fawazhay - 11/26/2011 13:33

Thanks. I am 6'4" tall so I was thinking they had to be behind my head, over the ex-cab part. As far as being CA legal, I am not sure with the new law that passed. I just had a concealed weapon permit renewal class and the instructor seemed to say nobody understands the new law as the way it is written, there is no way to legally move your "handgun" from inside your house to your vehicle parked in your driveway. If you carry it out in an approved locked container, you are carrying a concealed weapon, if you carry it in view, you are displaying a firearm.

I will call the Big Sky company. Even $400 is a small price to have a firearm secured as all the liability issues today are horrible if the firearm falls into the wrong hands.

Odds are the gal on the phone wont be able to help you, but will pass you on to someone who can at least figure out which unit would be easily modified.
Most locking racks are designed around Mini-14's, shotguns, and the AR-15/M-16 family these days, which leaves lots of room for foaming up the mount to fit a .22.

I glanced over the verbage of y'alls new law, and it's a dooozy!
No doubt that joe avg. patrol cop, is going to take the conservative route if there is any question, just to cover his own keester.

Just my .02, but a consultation visit with the local prosecutors office to discuss the matter, might be a good thing.
Make sure to take note of Day,date, time, and take notes on the advice given..just in case you have problems later, you can always throw that on the table as going out of your way to comply with the impossible, and followed the advice of the prosecutors office.;)

You might wish to also consult with the fish and wildlife folks as well.
Sometimes they get heartburn over CCW or long arms in vehicles, and can be in conflict with compliance with Game regs.
That new law ya got makes more questions than answers on anything..watch yourself.;)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)