AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do you lock guns your vehicle?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Dingeryote
Posted 11/26/2011 02:28 (#2068539 - in reply to #2068490)
Subject: Re: Do you lock guns your vehicle?

Michigan.
Fawazhay,

No, I wont leave a firearm in an unlocked vehicle.
Yes, I have used a locking rack in a vehicle. At one time I had to evaluate for purchase several dozen and over see the installation.
I am unaware of a single manufacturer that makes a rack for smaller sporting rifles, but have had great service and assistance from Big sky racks. They worked with me in tailoring one of thier units to meet specific needs that are not standard for Law enforcement or Military. They jumped through hoops for us and fabbed up adaptors for our oddball Carbine configuration.
Odds are, they can hook you up for a fee.
http://www.bigskyracks.com/

The racks work off a keyed lock secondary, and a solenoid powered primary with a remote switch.

The biggest problem is the "Clamp" has to surround the weapon, and with a mounted optic right in the middle of where things should be clamped, an alternate point that is as secure has to be figured out, and still grasp the weapon firmly to keep it from flopping around.

Big Sky makes a unit for Pump shotguns that might be modified to work for ya.
Heads up though, they aren't cheap. 3-400 bucks.

Another option is the Santa Cruz universal lock, and fabbing up your own rack. http://www.galls.com/style-VP008-general_catalog-universal-gun-lock
We had to go that route for a couple different weapons.Channel iron and foam pipe insulation aren't pretty, but work.;)

If you mount it overhead, make sure the thing clears your noggin by a good margin in a wreck or roll over.
Our taller guys called the things "Debrainer" for a reason.

Good luck to ya!!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)