AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do you lock guns your vehicle?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Hay Wilson in TX
Posted 11/28/2011 14:00 (#2072549 - in reply to #2071573)
Subject: RE: Do you lock guns your vehicle?

Little River, TX
Here that was always the way we lived. My father did not lock the house incase someone broke down and needed to use the phone.

Forty years ago in the country around Loring AFB Maine, (Aroostook County, near the town of Caribou) the civilians puttied up the locks to keep the snow out. They left the coffee pot on the table set up to make a pot of coffee, for anyone unfortunate to be caught out in a storm.

At least on of the car dealers not only left the doors unlocked but did not have a fence around all the new and used cars. The cars all had the keys in them and a full tank of gas.
I expect that is all a thing of the past now.

I kid you not an AF bus broke down on the way to the Airport taking some AF people to catch a commercial flight. A Car stopped and carried all the passengers plus their baggage to the PQI terminal. I had two people sitting on my lap. The driver was the only one not stacked into the car.

I did not enjoy the climate, but the people on the base were great, and all the civilians I ever met there were top of the line.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)