AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

green snap?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Oliver1
Posted 11/14/2011 22:32 (#2050325 - in reply to #2049330)
Subject: RE: what hybrid(s)?

Alton, Ia
Ditto on the 9910. We normally don't plant that early of corn, but I switched combines last year, so wanted a few acres of early corn to debug it before beans. Glad, very glad, I only did a few acres with it. Very light ears, lots dropped on ground.

P0448 wasn't great either, but tolerable. Still yielded pretty well. I didn't think our D numbers snapped that bad, but they had Goss' bad enough it was hard to tell what the heck happened in some spots....

It was a pain when you hit a big patch of broken stalks, I know what you mean, they'd just sit there on the poly, knocking other ears off. A few here and there would feed through.

Yep, July 11, around midnight IIRC. Could not believe the wind, I was actually surprised we didn't have more damage when the sun rose. I thought we'd have trees down, corn flat, etc. But the wind was dry, not part of a rain event. I guess that should have been an indicator of things to come.

You must have me confused with Kooiker, etal. We're barely into Sioux county, so we're more like Apostle-ville :). We just love it when the creek floods and we get some of that rich ground left behind, that's our only chance.....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)