AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wood Framed vs Steel Framed Shop
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 11/13/2011 08:02 (#2047426 - in reply to #2046469)
Subject: RE: Wood Framed vs Steel Framed Shop

Chebanse, IL.....

Chad

How did you insulate where the perlins contact the metal sheeting? Were you able to insulate OVER the perlins from the inside? If so, that would be some mighty thick walls. Wooden buildings seem to be easy to sheet over everything for 100% smooth interior walls, aka "finished walls". I too would be interested to see photos of how you got R35. On the ceiling and walls?
If you say you're R35 on the walls, I'm guessing you probably intended the ceiling to be R50+?

We had a local insulating company owner (well-known locally) out a few weeks ago to look @ trying to increase our insulation. He had an infrared camera/video screen that was unbelievably expensive. It wasn't even cold yet & it was amazing how much colder the seams of the sheet insulation or the perlin contacting areas were. The only suggestion he was comfortable with was spraying in some kind of foam material. This was for the ceiling only...walls are....well, I'm open for suggestions. We've studded part of the walls, but what a pain. We had trusted carpenters do the work, so it's not that we didn't know what we were doing.

Next shop will be wood & I'm sure it'll be standing after 100 yrs also.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)