AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soybean ground
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

soil-life
Posted 10/15/2011 11:06 (#2005168 - in reply to #2005130)
Subject: Re: Liquid Fertilizer applications, over the years

North Central Ohio, across the Corn belt !

Jon S - 10/15/2011 10:11 I would like to know more about the science behind that observation. I don't think it's something that I have noticed, and it would seem that there might be too many variables involved to point to any one particular culprit. I have also have come to realize by most of what I read on these pages that the majority of the comparisons between liquid and dry seem to center around ortho type products vs. dry. I come from a world that uses complete liquids as a broadcast application (through a floater at high rates - 60 to 100 gpa). These liquid blends consist of UAN/Urea, 54% acid, dry muriate KCL, and either dry AMS, or liquid ABS. So, essentially these blends would have similar chemical properties to dry which is why I have a hard time grasping the concept of these claims. The advantage of these types of liquid blends is a homogeneous mix and the ability to apply chemicals at the same time. The disadvantage is the freight and relatively time consuming nature of the application because of the volumes involved. The pro/con list may in fact washout when comparing dry vs. complete liquid blends.

yes, one must consider the % of clay soil content as I stated.

and take into consideration jon

that you spread quite a bit of Calcium rich Litter.  plus use AMS = the chemistry of Calcium - Sulfate. Gypsum

Calcium can be known to BUFFER certain and specific soil issues. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)