AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

going out on a limb with dairy prices
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 9/23/2011 02:20 (#1975038 - in reply to #1975011)
Subject: Re: I just have to smile when someone Say's I don't have a clue!

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
The whole reason for big mega dairies is not the labor force, it is because those farmers, business men did a 1031 land exchange in another state ( mostly Calf.) then moved where land was cheap ( Idaho, New Mexico, Texas, etc.) Their dollar had three or more times the buying power. So hence the big mega dairies, came about.

I really don't have a problem with them either, because I was given the same right as them to do so, if I wanted too. I could take the same risk as them, go big or go home. I have no reason to be the big fish on the block, happy having my small family farm. It has been in the family for over 100 + years (1881), and yes, we employ Hispanic workers. They are also U.S. citizens, have worked for me over 20 years. They ARE GREAT people. They take care of their families, never been in trouble, I trust them with my cows, farm ground, etc. And believe me, I've spent my time in a milk parlor, hauling manure, getting my hands dirty, etc.

If you really want to change things you need to start on a local level and get on school board, quit letting school's change to 4 day weeks, quit ingraining in kids heads, they don't have to work as hard as their parents did. Take video games, cell phones, etc. away from kids make them use their brains for something other than a hat rack. Repeal child labor laws so kids could go to work and make a contribution to society, than just being a drain on it.

I guess if we want to kick all Hispanic, Asians, etc. out of the country that's fine, but who is going to do the work in the hotels, food industry, pipelines, welding jobs, etc. It isn't just the farm sector that has employed illegal employees. Most people don't have a clue as to how many illegals are her from the great country of Canada! And guess what they are white in skin color! And believe me these illegals for the most part aren't working for chump change either! They are making damn fine wages, because they are willing to work.

Go ahead kick all illegals out tomorrow, you wouldn't have any vegetables, fruits, meat, etc. This country would starve in a weeks time!

I guess in my ranting here, what I'm trying to say is getting rid of illegals will not change milk prices. There is other factors at work here, read my other post on this thread. And I sure I will have ruffled a few feathers here tonight, but that is the great thing about this country we live in. Freedom of speech, and the right to work your butt off and get a head of the pack if you are willing to work.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)