AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

To Traits, Bloomberg, Sept 2nd report
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Bugkiller
Posted 9/3/2011 22:07 (#1944960 - in reply to #1944787)
Subject: Re: To Traits, Bloomberg, Sept 2nd report

I can't say yes or no all I know in the late 90's and early 2000 it was an all out war here. I have ate enough furadan for a lifetime and did not enjoy it. Double rates of soil applied insecticide failed regularly. Today on my farm I have things under control pretty well although adult flights seem to be up more than I have saw the last few seasons. I use a 3 step approach. Spraying soybeans with insecticide on rotated ground which is super cheap insurance, rw corn, and partial rates of soil applied insectcide. Counter has paid well for me. I personally, have saw the devastation the little grawlixes do and have harvested too much down corn to take any chances. You can do what you like but this works under more pressure than you can imagine. I would not recommend adult management on untraited corn too unreliable and you may have a problem. I have saw traited corn fail in check strips left doing adult management but not catastrophic. I have yet to see the conjuction of traited corn and soil applied insecticide fail. When that day comes its back to drawing board. Furadan in banned so there is no reliable rescues so you have to be sure now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)