AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is it just me?/ Half century Show
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Stormwatcher
Posted 8/29/2011 11:34 (#1935951 - in reply to #1935433)
Subject: RE: Is it just me?/ Half century Show

WCMO-SWMO Area
Ron..NE ILL..10/48 - 8/28/2011 23:46

Stormwatcher

I went to a few M&W Power Shows also way back when. But, I do not recall it being as spread out as the Rantoul show. I'd say if you only walked 9 mis @ Rantoul, you missed something. I'm sure we put more mis. than that on the UTV. I'm not an advocate either of carts & people. I've seen the difficulties caused @ the FPS, but I will say it worked very well this yr @ Rantoul. For the sheer number of carts, I saw no difficulties.

Yes, we'd obviously all be in better shape if there were no carts...or cars. Even more, no boats allowed on lakes, only swim from side-to-side....when you get tired of swimming, float on your back. But, if there weren't carts allowed at the show, I'm sure the absolute #1 complaint would be...."it's spread out too much...". Yes it is for a consolidated show-site, but it's primarily a farm on an airport. I'll commend the organizers @ Rantoul for the way the cart traffic was set up. They allowed it to work successfully.

In 9 hours and probably 10 plus miles I missed nothing and have well over 300 pictures to prove it...I sat down one time for 15 minutes..I'm a very fast walker and covered the entire place several times as I had things planned out..I could have done it even quicker if I wasnt having to constantly dodge golf carts and fight my way thru them..One almost clipped me as they werent watching what they were doing..I saw a couple of carts plow in to each other but no one got hurt..I'm surprised that the Kinze tractor didnt run over some of them while plowing..Lots were pulled out in his path and had to back up..

If one has a disability or a handicap liscense plate I have nothing against them using a golf cart..Lets face it as a whole America is out of shape and walking any distance is a thing of the past..

Edited by Stormwatcher 8/29/2011 11:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)