AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tissue Test VS. Soil Test?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

soil-life
Posted 8/27/2011 12:52 (#1932785 - in reply to #1932764)
Subject: Re: Tissue Test VS. Soil Test?

North Central Ohio, across the Corn belt !

il weedman - 8/27/2011 12:32 So I am in an area that is either heavy blackstick gumbo or sand. Neither work well for tile or air transfer. Have a source for gypsum but not able to get an analysis of metals and they seem not to care. So how do I change the profile to encourage what you consider a biological approach? How do you determine how much K? N efficiency?

your the co-op guy.

extensive plot work to show YOUR customers, and Potential customers what You can do for them.

No doubt some soils were not ment to farm.

the soils that were ment to be farmed Long term, seem to be gobbled up by expanding citys growth.

and as we have discussed before, and many farmers do well. Is to farm, On top. of soils like you describe Bill.

from my personal experiense Bill, concerning soils similar to those you describe.

a client rented 80 acres that had never seen 30 bu. soybeans,

after reviewing the soil structure, and analytical work.

I suggested 800 Lbs of 0-0-60 the 1st, spring. with some Boron and manganese.

As I recall, He never told me what they made. that 1st. season.  But every fall after that he ask me if he needed another 800 Lbs of product. 

K was cheap then, early 90's

So  ? 

regardless of the soil analysis results, for the next 5-6 seasons. No, the K level never mooved a Bit on the soil analysis.

Corn tissues,  I do not recall.  but it was a guide.

But the yields doubled  and More on corn and S.B. s  the 1st 2 seasons.  from the P.O. records

now very little, if any, other than maintenanse fertilizer is applied to maintain Super Yields.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)