AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tissue Test VS. Soil Test?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

soil-life
Posted 8/27/2011 12:12 (#1932732 - in reply to #1932708)
Subject: Re: Tissue Test VS. Soil Test?

North Central Ohio, across the Corn belt !

il weedman - 8/27/2011 11:46 So where do they start John? No baseline? Feed the soil? With what? Name your program and details. You don't need soil test levels or tissue levels? You talk like you have the secret to high production goals. Share this with all of us? In a simple and non pa Dutch form.
http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=252438&mid=1928225#M1928225

start with the above Link Bill

If these issues are Not dealt with. soil analysis, tissues and fertilizer rates mean nothing.  other than same old average stuff.

start where you are. set goals, challenge those goals.

I see 280 Bu. corn on fields with 14 ppm  P and 50  ppm P  

My Program. ? you ask.  I have no Program Bill

Farmers Hire me to deal with their individual needs. To achieve Individual Goals. and those needs, goals can change from time to time.

as you well know. 

Each and every Farmer needs to Understand.

(   soil Biology determines the efficiency of plant feeding.   )  NOT Ortho or Portho Poooo in furrow

Young Plants Love Ammonium Nitrogen and K

#1. evaluate soil percolation, natural drainage and projected Tile installations as needed.  Number 1  Priority on ANY operation.  to  Grow maximum Yields. Maximum Profit. 

these above Issues determines planting dates. eliminates re planting. effects stand and final yield. eliminating some  un necessarily plant stress. 

then Look at your 10 year yield history. Look at your soil and tissue analysis. Look at your Seed grown.

and set some goals, then challenge the yields of the past.  Look for little details. look for that missing Link on Your farm.

But NEVER think you are tied to Live with the yields you have. and have had. in the Past. people like ill weedman , Chuck and Tatter. can help you if

You let them know what Your goals are. 

very seldom is it just more P or more of what you have been doing.  Most BIG Yield Increases are from Tile, change in tillage, different  seed . selection

and Planting dates.

Better Management of Nitrogen. and forms of Nitrogen.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)