AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

variable rate with Turkey litter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

mcupps
Posted 8/27/2011 03:16 (#1932372 - in reply to #1931950)
Subject: Re: variable rate with Turkey litter

Downtown Shell Knob MO Come Visit!
Why not put more on in the areas that yield the most and therefore have the most nutrient removal and will also have the most return per ton?

Or why not put more on the bad areas that need more OM and nutrients and also put more on the good areas that have a more guraneteed return on investment. And just leave all the inbetween areas out.

This was always my problem with variable rate. Is it better to put more on the bad areas or the good areas? Is the goal to even out the yield across a field, Or maximize total yield of a field. I never knew . So I always settled on the perfect compromise. Which is usually the same rate across the entire field. Better known as Old School!

I do variable rate spreading litter, If Im on the other end of the field and am almost out, Its a real variable rate until I get back to the pile (sorry just a joke) :) :)

I do now have the ability to shut the chain off on the headlands. That seems to be a major accomplishment around here. Old school litter spreading in this area is nascar in reverse. Drive fast and turn right.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)