AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How often should I expect EZ Steer to go crazy?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 5/22/2006 20:13 (#14056 - in reply to #14035)
Subject: Re: How often should I expect EZ Steer to go crazy?

Leesburg, Ohio
We have an EZsteer with T2 on our planter tractor, and an Outback with eDrive on the drill tractor. The EZsteer does seem to require "nudging" on a frequent basis...meaning sometimes once every three or four rounds, sometimes three or four nudges on one round, and maybe once a day it will "go nuts" to where I would be off ten or fifteen feet in half a pass, if I didn't lay on the nudge arrow. Usually when it does the extreme thing, it comes right back just as fast as I can nudge it back. For the most part, tho, it does a decent job even planting corn. Not perfect enough for strip-till, but good. I have attributed these erratic moves to WAAS doing strange things, or sometimes changing satellites, or sometimes a treeline impairing the WAAS signal. Just my guess, tho fwiw.
My Son runs the Outback, and doesn't seem to have near as much drifting and erratic problems. He does have to nugde or reset the AB occasionally, tho, meaning maybe two or three times a day. I ran it for a total of two hours, and didn't have to nudge at all. It did lock up on me once, tho, and I had to power down and up again.
If anyone from AgLeader or Trimble is reading, I would also be interested in why the EZsteer seems to drift and jump somewhat frequently. I like it, and will plant with it again next year, and the T2 is a big improvement, but seems a little erratic at times.
Ken
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)