AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gleaner R52 rear feed chain floor issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mailman13
Posted 7/21/2011 04:44 (#1872589 - in reply to #1872587)
Subject: Re: Gleaner R52 rear feed chain floor issues

West Central Iowa
Here are some pictures of the rear feed floor replacement on my R62. You should be able to do it in a good days work.
The first pic is with the feederhouse removed and you can see the famous Gleaner hump that everyone talks about in the floor transitions area under the rear feed drum. The next three pictures are of the section of the rear floor that you cut out. The fifth picture is how you can see the difference in the old floor and the new repair section. Again, notice the hump you are getting rid of . The last pic is the new floor being held in place by the hydraulic jack and c clamps ready to be welded. I should mention that the old floor section I show had already been replaced before and that is why it is already 1/4 inch thick. Yours will only be about half that thick if it is original. I have some more pictures of this that includes the work on the front feeder house if you want to see them. You really should do the front mods too as it is the other half of Dan's kit and really does make a difference in feeding on these machines. Dan is a very nice guy too and willing to answer any question you might have about this mod or anything relating to Gleaner combines.

Edited by mailman13 7/21/2011 05:05

(IMG_0851 (Small).JPG)

(IMG_0857 (Small).JPG)

(IMG_0858 (Small).JPG)

(IMG_0865 (Small).JPG)

(IMG_0870 (Small).JPG)

(IMG_0879 (Small).JPG)

(IMG_0880 (Small).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0851 (Small).JPG (71KB - 628 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0857 (Small).JPG (64KB - 555 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0858 (Small).JPG (56KB - 484 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0865 (Small).JPG (48KB - 508 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0870 (Small).JPG (48KB - 481 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0879 (Small).JPG (44KB - 494 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0880 (Small).JPG (64KB - 560 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)