AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I need a little help in fiquring net present value of ground.......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ben D, N CA
Posted 7/18/2011 03:01 (#1867781 - in reply to #1867739)
Subject: RE: I need a little help in fiquring net present value of ground.......

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot
Something else to think about, Ruby should be liable for all noxious weed control on any disturbed or adjacent land. Probably more of an issue on arid western range land than anywhere.

I know from personal experience having worked for a company that did contract noxious weed control on right of ways, that what they do varies a lot from landowner to landowner. On some parcels we were just spraying the worst spots of certain weeds... On others we sprayed nearly every noxious/invasive weed on the whole parcel.

I'm sure you know better than any of us that they can kind of force you into granting a right of way, but i've always thought a guy should play easy to begin with. Then get them to post a bond for weed control, soil rehab etc. Locally we've still got noxious weed problems from the trans Canada pipeline that went through here when I was a kid... Probably 1992 or so. Our local weed abatement district is doing well controlling weeds that are completely foreign to the area, and located only on or near the right of way. But we shouldn't be having to in my mind.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)