AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Land Lease????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 6/15/2011 10:45 (#1819631 - in reply to #1819192)
Subject: RE: Land Lease????

central - east central Minnesota -

cotncrzy - 6/14/2011 23:26 Ok here is the quick version... I have a farm that is leased from year to year, the DCP contract at FSA is used as the lease agreement. The contract has been signed this year. I had wheat on the farm, and harvested it last week. I planted soybeans today, three hours later a guy calls me up and starts cursing me threatening to sue me for being on his land. My landlord has sold some of the farm off to a guy in California, and failed to tell anyone. If the DCP has been signed don't I have the farm to the end of the 2011 crop season??? This is very urgent, I have to 4 PM tomorrow afternoon to contact this guy with a proposal on how to get the beans off his place, otherwise he is going to spray them with Roundup!!!!!!!! Hope he does it will save me the trouble!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!! I have never, I mean never been talked to the way I was tonight, I think I was called everything but an astonished white man. If there is any way I can hold onto it I want to just because the way he acted, do I have a leg to stand on??????

If you can't work out a lease arrangement - you should be intittled to your expenses back . . . THe guy needs to hear that. It was a mistake, the courts here would be reasonable about that "here"
As suggested, have a compatent lawyer help/advise  . .. . . as it does vary by state.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)