AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Calving season stretched out
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

IL cow man
Posted 5/17/2011 10:08 (#1779131 - in reply to #1778898)
Subject: RE: Jim, if the cause is color, then the cause is

Buffalo IL
I did not preg test and haven't in years, only had a couple cycle in the winter and they are sorted out and gone. Our vets are not the best at determining length of gestation. I'm going to try and supplement mix 30 to try and move some later ones up and it may help with fescue. The cows were vaccinated last week of July last year because grain farming messes up cattle processing on my farm with me doing all of the spraying and hay production. Last spring the thing i remember most is how the cows did not shed hair until late may. I have no idea why this occurred and neighboring herds were the same way. This spring the cows have slicked off like they should have. The cows were in good condition and were gaining weight and I have been feeding CTC . I just do not know if the cows did not cycle in the heat or the bulls just poofed out for awhile. I had 6 bulls in with them 3 yearlings and 3 bulls 3 years old and older. I'm definitely semen checking this spring and I have to roll one of the yearling bulls down the road from a shoulder injury. I would like to find a 2 year old or older to replace him.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)