AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is wrong with Organic food?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Land_Surfer
Posted 4/9/2011 13:25 (#1716084 - in reply to #1715967)
Subject: Re: What is wrong with Organic food?

I think the scientific world (and the powers that be) realizes that in order to optimize food production for a growing population organics are not the way. It is already a known fact throughout the world, FDA & USDA included, that organic food production is not as safe, high in quality or as productive as conventional food production. I wouldn't worry too much about pro-organic legislation affecting mainstream food production. Organics will continue only as a specialty food supply, nothing more.

The next time you are at a large grocery market that caters to the middle class (lowest class able to afford organic food) and up (i.e. Meijer, Target, Hy Vee, etc.), take a look at the organic produce. It may be the same age as the conventional produce, but it sure looks well aged and cruddy. I certainly wouldn't feed it to a human. On the same token, most of our gardens are loosely organic. I plant my tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers in leaf mulch that I dump in the garden during the fall and mix with top soil from the field and then till. Other than a single dusting of sevin, I don't touch them. Don't even spread fertilizer on the garden. It all tastes just fine to me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)