AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Variable rate dry fertilizer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/25/2007 06:28 (#154094 - in reply to #154004)
Subject: Re: Variable rate dry fertilizer

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I am not familiar with attempting to use an ipaq as the controller. All my experience has been using a Raven console as the controller. The ipaq or other device sends the appropriate rates to the Raven console at the correct time and place through a serial cable connector between the two.

The Raven reports its situation to the operator via the Raven display but also reports its behavior back to the other device (in your case the ipaq).

I don't believe the ipaq could handle the task of acting as the controller since it would need to have sufficient electrical output to literally run the hyd. control valve. I am quite certain that you would need a Raven serial control console or some other brand.

There are different types of bed sensors. A common Raven type consists of an enclosure that is designed to fit over the end of a 1" shaft on the bed. This sensor is loosely tethered to a bracket to allow for some movement since the alignment is rarely perfect. This senors ties into a Raven wiring harness that eventually leads to the Raven console.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)