AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Variable rate dry fertilizer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Buckwheat
Posted 5/24/2007 09:35 (#153740 - in reply to #153688)
Subject: Re: Variable rate dry fertilizer

You are absolutely correct in all you say.

I have a 8 ton SMC pull type spreader that we ordered new to our specs. It is pulled by a 1997 year 8920 CIH. On the spreader hydraulics it is setup to be used with both open and closed center hydraulics, simply by unhooking and hooking pioneer quick couplers. One hydraulic curcuit runs the spreader disc, which I control the speed with the variable hydraulic flow in the cab, which I try to maintain at 725 RPM as monitered by a simple digital rpm moniter. The other hydraulic circuit runs the orbital motor and was our biggest challenge. I recieved a crash course in PWM (something width modulating??) when trying to get the ZYNX x -15 spray controller to talk to the Brand Valve. But it works beatifully now. We have a DICKEY JOHN moniter on the "chain" as we call it here to serve as a "flow moniter".

One thing I found is if your product, in our case UREA, gets any chunks in it, they hang up at the gate opening and screw your rate up, something to be aware of. We got it working real good this past spring on applying UREA on HRW with snow storms.

Problem now is we cant afford the FERT!!!

Buckwheat

In calibrating, weight/density of product, gate opening
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)