AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble Hotline
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Haywardmarl
Posted 3/29/2011 09:05 (#1696879 - in reply to #1696682)
Subject: Re: Trimble Hotline

precision_shop - 3/29/2011 04:33

I wouldn't expect you would ever need phone support for a light bar. Would you? What else is connected to it?

I bought an FM-750 thinking that it would do field mapping and that it could run variable rates with my Mid-Tech TASC 6100 through a Data link.

After I bought the FM-750 I bought $145.00 worth of cables to hook it up, but it would not work. My local dealer told me that he thought it would work through in Serial 32 port but he would not guarantee it.

Then after reading the instructions on various models. My FM-750 came with no Manual. I could not find a manual on the Trimble web site, but my local Dealer found the manual online from the dealer access part of the web site. So I do now have a PDF file operators manual.

After studying the manual I realized that it would never do variable rates with out first paying $750.00 for the variable rate unlock. The problem is I am not willing to pay $750.00 if I am not guaranteed it will work.

Trimbles offical answer is "WE DO NOT SUPPORT MID TECH" I studied other manuals and found the manual for the FDM in the FDM it explains exactly what needs to be done to use a Mid Tech TASC variable rate controller. I then found out that the only reason that this thing works is because it was built by AG-Leader.

Then my local dealer told me that he was pretty sure that an EZ-Guide 500 would do variable rates with Mid tech plus it would have remotely mapped switching.
I have been waiting for the software upgrade for the CFX-750 to have remotely switched mapping since September 2010.

My Local Dealer offered to take my new FM-750 in on Trade for an EZ-Guide 500 but I still had to pay him XXXXX $$$$$ to trade down. although I had never owned a 750 before I had studied the 500 a lot and I had assumed that the 750 could do anything the 500 could do plus more.

There is a Guy in Ft. Wayne In Jonathon Bickel that custom builds field computers with an 8" screen. It has a good powerful processor and runs Windows XP. I purchased one of these computers from him and it had Farm Works Mobil in already which will connect via serial port and run variable rate programs with my Mid Tech.

Since my Mid-Tech Dealer was going to a Trimble training seminar he asked the Trimble Top Dogs what do I need to do to spread variable rates.

He came back with a quote I think for around $4,200.00 for Trimble Controllers and cables to work with my Med-Tech hydraulic valve. I can't remember if that quote included the $750.00 variable rate unlock. I think NOT. I AM just spreading Lime. I am not doing multi product applications nor do I need sectional auto boom shut off features.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)