AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 8220 - Helicopter Tanks - Pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dewgubbe
Posted 3/10/2011 18:49 (#1662873)
Subject: JD 8220 - Helicopter Tanks - Pictures

Northeast Nebraska
Here are some pictures of what I've been up to. The front tank bracket had a nice area on it to mount the centrifugal pump. So its below the liquid so I won't have to worry about priming issues. The tractor is going to be 21 feet wide overall. I think if we knew this before, we would have spent the extra for the Demco Sidequest tanks, they are a little narrower. The tanks are 400 on each side and 300 on front. We have a 3" fill going down to 2" to the front tank, then it continues on in 3" to the middle of the tractor where it branches out to 2" to each side tank.

All 3 tanks have manual 2" full port ball valves. The side tank valves will remain open all the time, the front tank valve will have to be opened when filling and closed when full to prevent gravity over flowing it. I'm also installing a side load 3-way ball valve. One side goes to a 2nd port in the front tank, one side to the pump, and the other side will get hooked in to the fill line to the front tank but before the manual shut-off valve for the front tank. This way I can flip a switch in the cab and suck from either both sides or the front. During operation the side tank manual valves will be open and the front tank manual valve will be closed, then I will use the 3way to choose front or side.

(8220 Fill.jpg)

(8220 Front Tank.jpg)

(8220 Seat View.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 8220 Fill.jpg (33KB - 502 downloads)
Attachments 8220 Front Tank.jpg (45KB - 624 downloads)
Attachments 8220 Seat View.jpg (39KB - 493 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)