AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for OnTrac2 users
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Pro_Till
Posted 2/19/2011 21:09 (#1623791 - in reply to #1622911)
Subject: RE: Question for OnTrac2 users

NE Colorado
Last fall, before we drilled wheat, we put the OnTrac2 on our 9180. It had some wiggles, but with no support from anyone but my own head we got her straightened out. One thing that helped us (and dealers cry about this) is we put the receiver on the nose rather than the top of the cab. We have both the 9150 and 9180 set-up that way and would never move them back to the cab. After messing with the settings as we were drilling and notably a setting called "crossline" I believe (don't want to go plug it in, it's kinda chilly) we were very happy with it, much more so than the EZ Steer.... Trimble gonna get worse and worse. They've been in the GPS business much longer than any other ag-based GPS company. The thing about Trimble is they are used to no one needing the kind of support farmers are asking for. Multi-million dollar construction companies pay someone with an engineering degree and or IT degree to keep all that going. In my opinion, in 5 to 8 years, Trimble will take themselves out of the direct company to customer platform and just build GPS units for other precision companies, that's what they are good at anyway....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)