AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble 106
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DG N. AL
Posted 5/16/2006 19:09 (#12626 - in reply to #12569)
Subject: FMD

Hillsboro, AL

I am very pleased with the FMD.  I will be glad when they get VRT control into it, but the steering is working very well.  I replaced a T170 with the FMD and I don't regret that decision at all.  The FMD has the best steering interface I have seen.  I have not been around the InSight UI so I can not compare with it.  You can mix and match any patterns (A/B, Headlands, pivot, curves) in the same field.  You can save the guide lines with descriptive names so that it is easy to select the one you want.  You can change patterns on the go with very few keystrokes.  Trimble has a very good system here.  I will take it over the AutoFarm interface any day.

It still lacks many of the "amenities" that were in the T170, but I assume that most of them are coming.  My only complaint would be that they tend to use darker colors on the screen and they can be a little harder to see in high glare conditions.  The T170 used brighter colors.  It is not bad, but I think if they lightened up some of the darkest colors, it would help the visibility of the screen.  AutoFarm also uses brighter colors on their screen.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)