AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble 106
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DG N. AL
Posted 5/15/2006 19:10 (#12422 - in reply to #12410)
Subject: I have to agree

Hillsboro, AL

I have used AgRemote since 1996.  I currently have 2 Trimble receivers.  One is a T132 with the keypad that AgRemote was designed to work on.  I can understand this interface in that situation.  But my other receiver is a T252 RTK unit.  It is a smart antenna.  You have to connect a laptop to configure it.  Even knowing AgRemote as well as I do, it can still be a struggle to configure it correctly.  There is no way to see all the current settings of the receiver.  If you have a problem, you have to stumble through all the settings trying to find what is causing the problem.  I have a second smart antenna from a different manufacturer.  It has a windows based configuration routine that is much more user friendly that AR.  You have to be able to configure a receiver.  It looks to me like it would be in Trimble's best interest to make the process as easy and painless for the end user as possible.  It would sure cut down on support issues.  They continue to update and change AR as new receiver features are introduced.  They are continuing to put development cost into AR.  Why don't they design a new UI for the smart antenna configuration.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)