AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RTK correction
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Mbmaring
Posted 4/29/2007 08:57 (#144006 - in reply to #143988)
Subject: Re: RTK correction

North west MN
A base station is a GPS antenna and receiver and a radio. You want the GPS antenna on solid footing so usually you end up putting the GPS antenna closer to ground on something solid. Then you can mount the radio antenna higher like on a grain leg or wind mill. The new trimble base stations have an internal bat trey that will run 8 to 10 hours with no power supply. They can be powered and charged by AC power or just powered by a 12 volt bat trey. When a repeater is used it can be a temporary one just mounted on the top of a pickup or on a tripod. it can be moving so with the trimble's rtk radios you can configure them to both receive the rtk and repeat it. Like I said before I like the fixed base stations powered by ac with a lightning arrestor in between the antenna and radio powered all the time. I just don't have the time to mess with setting up and moving base stations and to get the repeatable accuracy we all want the base has to be moved to the exact same place each time you move it. then if you need a repeater figure out where you need it and put it up high as you can for the most range. The new trimble base stations are really nice here is a link to them http://trimble.com/aggps_rtkbase900.shtml
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)