AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Intelliview 111
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

rcg
Posted 1/22/2011 02:51 (#1564516 - in reply to #1564266)
Subject: Re: Intelliview 111

It's running V25. software - the latest as far as I know. I am curious to find out where the "steering sensor calibration" is situated? I am to presume this is not the same as "rear wheel position"? Rear wheel position (in calibration) has been done.
Undoubtedly there is the possibility of vehicle dynamics coming into play but would not the Nav take care of those dynamics? Seems the "T2" takes care of all those dynamics quite comfortably in my previous machine running a 36' at 16k/hr.
One thing I did notice, & it was quite noticeable - whenever encountering slightly rougher terrain i.e. straw lumps etc from the seeder - you could feel the machine "rock & roll" with the lumps, which is logical however, you could really notice the steering trying to correct for the rock & roll but at a much later time. It was maybe a second or so later, but you could really notice it. On previous AS setups, you would not notice this at all. It was done instantaneously & it kept a straight line. It maybe something or absolutely nothing. I had some thoughts about this - you have plenty of time for thinking when driving combines - & thought that by lowering the aerial it would trick the Nav into thinking that it isn't swaying as much as it thought & would not try so much correction. I feel there was some success with this but soon ran out of "straw lumps' to try it on. Aggressiveness is set at 80%, swath acquisition 83.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)