AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Intelliview 111
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

rcg
Posted 1/21/2011 16:41 (#1563546)
Subject: Intelliview 111

Since NH & CIH are basically running Trimble software for guidance, why then is the guidance software so eratic on a NH & why don't we have "look ahead" or (I think it's the same thing) "P gain" installed.  Apparently it was on the older versions but "25." doesn't have it.  Even runing with RTK, it wanders up to 25cm at 7-10 k's.  At 14k's it attrocious - over 90cm!  If you go around a tree/obstacle etc. & consequently break the guidance line, it will often jump 20-30cm either side of the guidance line or take ages to get back on line - wandering from side to side until it finds the line again.  It seems to me, the software has no memory of where it supposed to be & wanders back & forth the line.  The term - autosteer with alltzheiemers comes to mind! Having previous experience with trimble gear - even basic EZ Guide 500 is much more accurate than the incorporated hyd steering/nav controller/252 set up.  Why is the NH/CIH system no where near as good as it should be?  Are there any fixes for this system?  I'm told NH/CIH are "working on it" but have also been told they've been working on it for some time!  Help is appreciated.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)