AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Design question. Math formula type.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 4/11/2007 21:08 (#134868)
Subject: Design question. Math formula type.

Hi. I'll try to explain quickly the purpose, then the question.

I'm putting a hopper extension on my combine. IH 1680. The front of the hopper is that blasted round hole screen. I wish to remove the screen and build a new panel with windows all the way accross. 3 windows in segments so the glass will be supported.

Ok, the question is: if I tilt the windows inward at the top in attempts to reduce the pressure against them, how much reduction in pressure will I get for say each degee of tilt, ot each 5 degrees etc.??? In other words, the small windows in the Maurer extention have direct downward pressure against them cause they're tilted outward at the top......severally. If I were to tilt the windows inward at the top, though not as drastically, the pressure effect should be the opposite of the outward tilt, correct? How much? Use whatever grain you wish. It should'nt make any difference as far as the question is concerned.

Thanks.

p.s. The reason for removing the screen is cause the small seed, clovers and small grass, fall through the screen. Now with the extention on it, the seed will be in contact with the front panel for a much longer period if time, increasing the loss. Removing the screen will remove the loss. I'm not so concerned about the rear panel just now. The way the seed enters the tank and the physics of the machine dont seem to allow near the loss at the rear screen.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)