AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight split planter with different number of rows each side
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 4/7/2007 23:46 (#132842)
Subject: Insight split planter with different number of rows each side

Pittsburg, Kansas

We are using Insights on each planter to record split varieties. On the 24 row 20" 1790 it will be no problem - 12 rows on each side split varieties. The 7300 is a home made 18 row 20" and we split it with one variety on the left 6 rows and the remaining 12 rows the other variety. This works best for our 12 row 20" pickers - combine the first variety straddleing the guess row in one pass then 12 rows of the second variety on each side.

Is there a way in the Insite to set up anything other than half the planter width for each variety? When I go into the part where I can change the offset it shows 15' for each side with 30' total, but there is no option to edit those widths. At first we thought it could be done with the offset numbers. That kind of worked but the coverage map showed that we were overlapping on one side and skipping on the other side. - so I set them correctly at 7.5' (two 15' sections offset to left and right 7.5').

It is not really a big deal - the varietys will be kept track of but we will have to remember when using the map on the combine that although the map will show the varieties intermixed when combining they actually will not be.

Am I trying to do something that can't be done? Does anyone else ever use anything but half width planter width for split planter configurations?

The 7300 is our plot and side by side comparison planter (I get to fool with all the variety changes while the big planter keeps getting something done usually with a single variety) so it would be nice to be able to use uneven splits to make things simpler at harvest.

John

Edited by John Burns 4/7/2007 23:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)