AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can you throw a rope?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 4/6/2007 00:29 (#131895 - in reply to #131313)
Subject: RE: Can you throw a rope?

Southeast Wyoming

It depends on which pickup I'm driving whether there is a rope hanging from the rife rack (no rife).  I don't own cattle but the rope comes in handy at times; if I throw something, it is usually a rock.

I rent out pasture and have had a couple or three friends, national rodeo finals winners/contenders on the property.  I just stay out of their way; these guys get the job done on the range/large pastures and in the arena.  There have been some want-a-be stars who shout and push cattle to/through fences and tear up property; they are still far better than me.  The last few years most of our pastures go to guys with 4 wheelers and pickups, occasionally they will bring in a cowboy if something needs doctored.

I had one local who rented a pasture a couple of years; he was often a one-man show.  He had a tall palomino that could push a bull to one corner of a section, then stretch back to the cattle and get them out the opposite corner almost before the bull realized the cows were not with him.  That horse looked like he was floating on air when he stretched out into a long stride.  This guy probably could still be renting the pasture but he was just too nice of guy; the mrs took it all but the stakes; he pulled them up and left the area.  His son lives just down the road and is one of my best friends.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)