AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gleaner guys- soft plug on rotor gear box on R62
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mailman13
Posted 9/9/2010 21:06 (#1353229)
Subject: Gleaner guys- soft plug on rotor gear box on R62

West Central Iowa
I'm sure some of you Gleaner rotor owners have had that 1 inch soft plug that covers the rotor gearbox shifter rail come out and lose most of the oil. As you know the plug is inside the cage area and the rotor has to be removed to replace it. We never lost a plug until 3 years ago, and now it seems if we are lucky to make it through the year without it falling out. The attached pics show the shifter rail in high and low as well as 2 soft plugs. The plugs are a drive in fit like any soft plug but they go in backwords so the cup in the plug can straddle the shifter rail. I used the taller soft plug last time to make sure there is enough clearance when the box is shifted. I have just been putting silicone when installing. What else can I do to keep this plug in the gear case? A tack weld to the soft plug might work, but only as a last resort. Thought about drilling a couple blind holes in the flat machined surface around the plug and putting a strap across it so it cannot come out. Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

(IMG_0092 (Medium).jpg)

(IMG_0096 (Medium).jpg)

(IMG_0097 (Medium).jpg)

(IMG_0112 (Medium).jpg)

(IMG_0122 (Medium).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0092 (Medium).jpg (64KB - 128 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0096 (Medium).jpg (73KB - 129 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0097 (Medium).jpg (47KB - 110 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0112 (Medium).jpg (61KB - 109 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0122 (Medium).jpg (63KB - 136 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)