AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

$4.75-$5.00 CORN ? ....TRY .....$5.50-$6.00
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Mizzou Tiger
Posted 8/30/2010 21:17 (#1339418 - in reply to #1339132)
Subject: your guess is as good as the next guys, however

how can you compare 2010 to 2004. Really, 2004 was basically stress free and the only concern was heat units out the gate, we made it. ALSO, take note that in 2004 grain fill period was cool with moisture.

As for 2009, you really can't compare much there either. 2009 was a late start and wet, yes, BUT after we got going things were good, and grain fill was cool with moisture.

Look at 2010, early start, followed by excessive rain, followed by a grain fill period that was very warm almost hot and reduced moisture.

2009 the stress came early, was short lived, most of it came before the corn crop went in, and the severity was no where near 2010, plus 2009 had a good grain fill period, similar to 2004.

2010 had severe stress after a lot of corn was planted and later stuff was also severely stressed, then we hammered it with heat.

Sorry, but there is no way to compare. O and your heat comment is out of context. The heat itself did not inflict the damage during grain fill, it was the extreme water stress early on that produced small root systems, major losses of N, and weaker plants FOLLOWED by the heat and reduced moisture.

The boys in the south had two advantages, one most had generally less stress early on and two, they could pump water. Just ask some of the guys that couldn't pump water. Yields are pretty avg to pretty bad.

So while I agree there are pockets of good corn, none of it seems to be even up to last years standards or if it is, it was in an area that had localized issues in 2009. We also know there are broad areas that are falling well behind last year and even behind averages. So I ask you, how can we beat last year, when NO ONE seems to believe that anything out there is better than last year, and many areas are well under.

I am listening, but what you are selling makes no sense.....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)