AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

$4.75-$5.00 CORN ? ....TRY .....$5.50-$6.00
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Mizzou Tiger
Posted 8/30/2010 13:51 (#1338899 - in reply to #1338700)
Subject: always is

However in this area there WILL BE, not maybe; WILL BE fields that averaged 200-230 last year that will go sub 100. Also, like mentioned before, we are getting yield reports that are 10-20 under average and 20-40 under last year. Look at it this way, I have heard no one say they will beat their records, whether that was last year or some other year. Now IL and IA had great crops last year, I have heard no one say they will beat last year and many HOPE to get close to average. Its a different ball game. Remember, last year we had a nice grain fill period, lower temps and moisture. This year we pounded the crop in June and early July with rain, then slowly backed off the rain and crancked the heat. Trust me, while we always here the war stories first, it is not pretty, and I am slowly falling into that sub 160 camp. I thought 160 was bottom end, I think we might get to 156-158 now.

O and as a reminder, last years crop, while big, was light on test weight, and believe it or not, its showing up. Efficiencies are down

Thoughts
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)