AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Really need some advice!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

mcupps
Posted 8/26/2010 00:49 (#1332809 - in reply to #1332288)
Subject: Re: Really need some advice!!

Downtown Shell Knob MO Come Visit!
Im kinda in the same boat, we contracted 35000 for end of sep-oct-nov contract with a elevator 30 miles away for 20 cents over, and now we are combining dry corn in august and and can haul it 45 miles south of me for 40 cents over cash price, which at current time is still better than our contracted price. So I dont know what im going to do when I get to the pount in harvest when I only have 35000 bushel left to go. Btw, dont go buying any 200 bushel hauling c60 gasers, Just find a cheap hopper, and a use road tractors all high mile over the raod trucks are super cheap right now, you can have a setup to haul 1000 bushel for $10000, and a nice one for 15000, Btw, just curious how old you are, I dont know if I still consider myself a young farmer or not, Im 25 but a little different from most of my farming friends because my twin brother and I didnt have much of anything when we started, and most of my friends that say they farm are still running the grain cart for their dad and or grandpa, but I wouldnt have it any other way! My problem is I dont ask for advice like you do, I just fail :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)