AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain Baggers-tell me everything
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

repairman
Posted 8/13/2010 10:33 (#1313573 - in reply to #1312998)
Subject: RE: Grain Baggers-tell me everything

South Dakota

Who all is using them, for what and from where. What brand, loader price, unloader price, bag price, and hardiness of the bag material. I'm located in central KS and know nothing about them. Sorry for the multi-questioned post but you get the point.

We have a loftness bagger with a  truck loader and that cost us $38,000. We do not have an unloaded yet but we use a vac to get the grain out yes it is a little more work but it works. The price of an unloaded is around the $29,000. As for bags we use Upnorth grain bags the cost is about $700 / bag. Do not use silage bags as they will split, a lot of people will say that they work and i will say "yes but" for 50 bucks why take a chance. 

What you put in that is what you take out. We put 13% beans in and that is what we took out the beans that we put in the bin at 12% was 14% when we took then out. We put no corn in a bin all corn is in bags. there 17% in 17% out no danage and no bugs no doc at the ethanol plant.

In short it would be hard for us to put up a bin. As a bagger speeds up harvest as you go from the combine to the bag (on transportation cost) no property tax, no waiting an line at the elevator and the cost of bag, bagger rent and the bag comes to about $.15 and the unloader is between $.05 and $.10 per bu. for a 10x300' bag (15000 bu)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)