AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain Baggers-tell me everything
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

White Gold
Posted 8/13/2010 00:34 (#1313149 - in reply to #1313123)
Subject: Re: Grain Baggers-tell me everything

South Plains of Texas
We have a Richiger Bagger. We used it two yrs. ago to put a milo crop in. The lines at the elevator were too long. It did every thing the company said it would. We put about 5 million pounds in bags and left them from Nov. until April. We made sure and closed the bags with 2 2X4's and wood screws. We also cleaned up all spills and put ammonium sulfate I think underneath the bags. There are wild hogs in our area and there was never any damage from hogs to the bags. The only evidence had of any wildlife was we found tracks from coyotes on top. They seemed to love running back and forth down the bags. Only had one where they stopped and bit a hole in it I guess to see what was in it.
The bagger was about $17000. We leased a Richiger unloader from a friend and that was the best surprize. It would load a semi in about 11 minutes. One day we loaded out 35 semis in about 8 hrs. I think a unloader was $28000. That was why we leased it. There wasn't near the time pressure to get it out of the bags as during harvest when we put it in. I think several farmers leased his unloader.
I can't remember the kind of bags, I just remember they held about 500,000 lbs, and cost $645. I also remember that we bought the thicker bags. 9 mil I think. Anyhow worked good for us since we have no bins, and it let us store our grain for six months for free basically. Come to think of it we ought to sell ours because we don't have any grain.

Edited by White Gold 8/13/2010 00:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)