AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Record keeping when spraying
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 8/2/2010 20:37 (#1298264 - in reply to #1298017)
Subject: Re: Record keeping when spraying

I break everything down by fields. Our chemical rates are not always the same for fields on the same farm. Example, this year we had quite a bit of volunteer rrcorn come up in our rrbeans so we started spraying a generic Select early at the 4oz rate. Beans weren't close to canopy & had very little weed pressure so we dropped out the gylsophate. About 1/2 way through our bean acres we got rained out for several weeks. When we went back to spraying we added the gylsophate and with the volunteer crn being bigger had to go to the 6oz rate. A couple farms had fields sprayed early with the 4 oz generic Select rate & other fields sprayed at the 6oz. Even had one field that I had sprayed 40 ac at the 4 oz rate & quit for the evening when the rains hit. When we got back to spraying had to run the 6oz rate. First 40 acs didn't have gylsophate, balanace of the field was sprayed with gylsophate =6 oz select then went back & reprayed the first 40ac with just gylsophate. I ended up logging that field as 3 subfields. Also had some other fields wqhere we were using different combination of chemicals in side by side trials that I logged as subfields as well.

This is just the syustem I can up with & it seems to work for us but others might not want to go into such detail. If a farm had more than one field but the same chemical or combination of chemicals was used then there wouldn't be a lot of advantage to tracking individual fields. I have even done a couple farms that way in the past but really prefer to track by field. I have found even though I may spray several fields with the same combo of chemicals, using the same rate, that total gallonages will vary depending upon the shape of the fields, noit much but they do vary. I'm not sure how your fields lay but we have a lot of irregular shaped fields which tend to affect overall rate.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)