AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Record keeping when spraying
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

younginitiative
Posted 8/2/2010 20:08 (#1298222 - in reply to #1297871)
Subject: Re: Record keeping when spraying

Yep, everybody has to do what works well for them (aka, what brings you into compliance with the state's requirements). I like the Virginia system the best, but when you start accruing multiple share farms I find it almost necessary to move into spreadsheets and electronics.

John Deere's Apex will export spray records (EPA #'s, weather conditions, amounts applied, field maps, etc.) into an Excel spreadsheet for calculating totals or a PDF for an overall report. The family farm here in KY has been audited a couple of times in the last few years.

My largest hassle with the electronic/spreadsheet side is trying to automatically total the numbers for each field. We do a tremendous amount of "touch up" spraying. So you might have multiple events for each field that were all performed at different times of the year. What this means in figuring totals is you ended up spraying four different name brands of glyphosate on a given field in a year. This makes calculating totals a little more complicated, and I am slowly figuring out the best way to do this. If anybody has any thoughts, please share.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)