AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lexion Platform AutoSteer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ScottL
Posted 3/5/2007 21:54 (#115294 - in reply to #115265)
Subject: Re: Lexion Platform AutoSteer

Amenia, ND
Why do they want you to buy implement steer, than why do I have farmers calling me and telling me that they are only using RTK for there first passes tillage and seeding. Tell me than with honesty that a planter doesn't move. Your RTK signal are good but your implment is not in relation to the AB line so than all of your other passes will not allow you to use your repeatability with out nudging left or right. No I farm also and I would like to build a business on results of performance not claims if you watch the videos those are not wild claims they are actual equipment following the rows and gues what we are not doing any nudging pretty extreme. I seed with WAAS and then follow up spraying with Ultrasound. then back to GPS in wheat and bean harvest and then corn harvest with the TAC system. The base sytem in a bag that can be moved to 8 vehicles with GPS and motor is 8900 and then the other two options are 2500 each depending on what the operator needs, and if you have proportional valve it can be steered also. You must understand that you are spending alot to gain a few inches of accuracy your best buy is WAAS if you can follow, but that is not possible to follow with any GPS because GPS only follows the little string that goes from the ground to the satillites ( so to speak) so it has no idea were the crop is in relation to the AB line, so is this to extreme to follow what is in the field thats what you did for all those years right. just comon sense and don't worry money would be nice also but how do you do business with a farmer how has spent 150.000 thousand three years ago and he has only been able to do soil prep and seeding with RTK those are the calls I get and I know that some will not say a thing and the other commnet that I recieve is that is good enough, not when you spend that kind of money. it has to be better than good enough. lets keep up the conversation.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)